Re: gnopernicus, not what i thought it was

Hi Sam,

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 11:50, Sam Halliday wrote:
> what i was looking for was a program (probably best implemented as an applet)
> which when clicked, would read the currently selected text and [more
> complicated] to have maybe some form of grammatical (not just spelling) checker.
> options to change speech parameters would also be nice.

	Right; that should be pretty easy.

> does such a program already exist? grammatical checker aside, this should really
> be quite a trivial program to code up, and i may attempt it myself; although
> with many other things on and learning gnome2 programming from scratch, this may
> take me a loooong time.

	Well - I guess what you need to do is grab at-spi/test/simple-at,
grunge that into the panel applet example, add
gnome-speech/test/test-foo and you're pretty much there ;-)
Unfortunately, the massive range of impairments means that it's unlikely
for us to be able to provide a perfect solution for everyone out of the
box [ I think ].

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot