Unmet library requirements when configuring gnopernicus.

Can any of you explain how the following unmet library requirements (when
configuring gnopernicus) are to be interpreted? They're all of the form
"name-version1 >= version2". It looks like it's saying that I currently have
"version1" of "name" whereas gnopernicus needs "version2". There are two
problems with this guess, though. Firstly, "version1" doesn't always correspond
to what I currently have.  Secondly, "version1" for some of them already is
greater than "version2". Here's the actual configure error.

   configure: error: Library requirements (
      libgnome-2.0 >= 1.102.0
      gconf-2.0 >= 1.1.5
      glib-2.0 >= 1.3.12
      libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.6
      gnome-speech-1.0 >= 0.0.2
   ) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
   your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/