Re: where to get bonobo-activation 2.3.3

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 11:53, Jacob Schmude wrote:
> Hi
> Well, guess I'm going to wind up building gnome 2.3. I'd've had to do it
> at some point anyway, might as well be now. Don't see anything about
> bonobo in garnome at all, so guess I'm going to use jhbuild

The tarball (and CVS module) are called libbonobo. It will be in garnome
since it is used everywhere in GNOME (for better or worse).

However, don't let that stop you building from CVS. Two advantages of
the jhbuild approach at the moment are

- we are in a period of purely bug-fixing, so the CVS build can only get
more stable as time goes by (no more UI changes, no more feature
additions allowed before 2.4). It will usually be more stable than the
previously released tarballs.

- once you have downloaded the source once, subsequent updates and
rebuilds require only small downloads. For people (such as myself) on
modems or with volume limits on their downlaods, this is a huge gain
over downloading 120M+ of tarballs every couple of weeks.

And whether you build from CVS or from tarballs, there are people on
this list who regularly do both, so we should be able to help you if you
get stuck.

Cheers,
Malcolm