Re: ATIA trip report - GNOME presentations & Java tools

Peter,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:39:51AM -0800, Peter Korn wrote:
> Last week was the annual Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA)
> Conference.  This year it was bigger than ever before, and for the first
> time folks from Sun Microsystems gave presentations: on the built-in
> accessibility features of UNIX and GNOME, on single switch access to the
> GNOME desktop, and a panel discussion on what Assistive Technology (AT)
> companies should expect when dealing with a large IT company.  This year
> also saw the debut of a new kind of accessibility test tool - one that
> evaluates the source code of an application to find likely accessibility
> problems.
[...description snipped...]

This was a really interesting report. Thanks for taking the time to post
it. It was nice to see that everything seems to have "just worked" and
some attendees were impressed enough to consider a switch.

The stuff that the GNOME accessibility group are doing continues to blow
me away (even if I still cannot use GNOME with Bill's "all blue" theme).

Malcolm

--
Why can't you be a non-conformist like everyone else?