Re: mouse trails

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 15:49, Ian Norton wrote:
> my girlfriend uses gnome on a 400mhz celeron, shes quite happy, but its
> a laptop with a dtsn screen so she (and I) frequently loose the mouse
> pointer, the larger mouse cursors from debian help no end, but mouse
> trails would help, any ideas?

You might try not only the large cursors (which I think are available
from all GNOME 2 distros and builds via the
Applications->Desktop_Preferences->Mouse preferences dialog) but also
the cursor animation which is available via the same dialog: when the
"Control" key is pressed you get a highly-visible animation onscreen.

(I think you have to restart your desktop or X server after choosing
these settings, before they take effect).

regards,

Bill