Re: Porting Dasher to Gnome accessibility framework

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 01:00:23PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Well - I suppose this may involve changing the way how dasher works -
> so far I havn't had a chance to look at it in any detail unfortunately.
> However, if you can think of a use for detailed semantic information,
> such as what word position in a paragraph / sentence you are to inform
> that dictionary / matching search, perhaps that could help ? Perhaps to
> enable menu / toolbar options as you say, I'm sure some interesting ways
> of traversing dialogs / widgets could be constructed - but possibly
> that's too far out.

I'm in the middle of implementing a "control mode" - that is, a node
which has no effect on the language model, but which performs some sort
of control operation (pausing Dashe, for instance). It ought to be
possible to provide menu options through that.

> 	I'll be there; I look forward to meeting you [ I'm also working nearby
> in Newmarket if you need any more detailed / hands-on assistance / pint
> drinking skills ;-] Sorry for not getting back sooner, was on holiday.

Excellent - I'll see you then.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org