Re: Please disregard Problems installing DECTALK

After poking around some more in the archives, I discovered that I needed to edit files.sh and set the base dir to /usr before installing dec.  This seems to have done the trick so it looks like i'm on my way.

Thanks,

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: Problems installing DECTALK

Hello all,
I am attempting to set up dec speech on a system running Fedora, and am encountering a problem.
First, i ran the dec installer, and it seemed to install with no problems.  Then, I  rebuilt and installed Gnome-speech-0.2.7.  When I configured it, I used the --prefix=/usr and --sysconfdir=/etc options.
According to configure, both the dec and festival drivers were built, and when I run test-speech, that fact appears to be confirmed. The Festival server tests out okay; however, I get the following output if I attempt to select the dec server:

1: OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Dectalk:proto0.2
2: OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.2

Select a server: 1
Atempting to activate OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Dectalk:proto0.2.
No server selected.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks,

--Al