Re: problems with gnome java access bridge

Ok, removing mozilla seems to have fixed the insane load average, and memory consumption.

As near as I can tell, several instences of mozilla seem to be starting, so many that it seems to be swamping my machine entirely.

On a slightly different topic, I see a lot of this while gnome is running....
gnopernicus-Message: Multiple instances are NOT ALLOWED. This instance will end.gnopernicus-Message: Multiple instances are NOT ALLOWED. This instance will end.gnopernicus-Message: Multiple instances are NOT ALLOWED. This instance will end.You can only run one xsettings manager at a time; exiting

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? and if this is normal?

Now I just need to find out why  gnopernicus seems to be unresponsive after it starts up, though I guess I might be able to figure that out soon enough.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Deedra Waters wrote:

> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
> heh, once I start x, the problem is that my poor machine gets slammed, even with processes reniced to 20, with in a minute or two my load hits 50, and all I can do is sit there and look at it. I suspect that if I had about 10 times my ram, this might be easier for me to debug.:)
>
> Can you suggest any  ways for me to grab a strace of it before I get slammed?
>

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, padraig o'briain wrote:
>
> > This does not sound like anything to do with the java access bridge.
> >
> > Is this a process running at-spi-registryd and can you get a stack trace from it?
> >
> > Padraig
> >
> > Deedra Waters wrote:

> > > - --
> > > Gentoo Linux: dmwaters gentoo org,
> > > http://www.gentoo.org
> > >
> > > Freenode staff member: dmwaters freenode net , http://www.freenode.net

> --
> Gentoo Linux: dmwaters gentoo org,
> http://www.gentoo.org
>
> Freenode staff member: dmwaters freenode net , http://www.freenode.net

> gpg: Signature made Tue Dec 16 09:27:24 2003 CST using DSA key ID E4C635CF
> gpg: Good signature from "Deedra Waters <dmwaters linuxpowered com>"
> gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <dmwaters freenode net>"
> gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <deedra dmwaters us>"
> gpg:                 aka "Deedra Waters <dmwaters gentoo org>"

- --