Re: Re: Gnopernicus, BRLTTY & Swedish characters

[quoted lines by Bill Haneman on 2003/12/10 at 12:10 +0000]

>it may be that gnopernicus is doing all the dot conversions itself

Yes, it is.

>in which case the issue would be gnopernicus' internal braille tables lacking
>Swedish support

Gnopernicus does offer a Swedish translation table. It appears, however, that
that table is incomplete.

>It's also possible that, as you suggest, gnopernicus is failing to
>convert the UTF-8 into ISO-8859-1 on the output stage.

No, that's not the problem. At least at present, BRLTTY is receiving
already-constructed braille dot patterns from Gnopernicus.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/