Re: Gnopernicus Questions

Hi Rich,

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 21:50, Rich Caloggero wrote:
> Well, I've gotten festival working with gnopernicus on my 500MHZ rh9 box.
> Its a huge huge improvement over freeTTS in terms of speed.

	Great :-)

> 3. I know nothing about X. However, I've checked the option in gnopernicus
> to have it load on startup, and it never starts. I usually login and press
> f2 and type gnopernicus. I created a session-manual file in my .gnome2

	Ok - so you need to run 'gnome-session-properties' under X; go to the
startup-programs tab, and add 'gnopernicus' in there.

	Of course - you need to start Gnome using gnome-session to get a number
of things to work - are you logging in via an accessible gdm2 ? or are
you doing some 'startx' thing ? - the latter may make logout not work so
well. Also in any bug report, it's really useful to know about your
underlying system / vendor / version stuff.

	Anyway - really glad this is making good progress,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot