Re: problems compiling java-access-bridge

Hi
OK, I've seen this before. Basically what's happening here is that you've got the gnu java compiler, gcj, and all its assorted utilities on your system along with
the j2sdk. In this case, the jar utility that ships with gcj is not compatible with the jar from j2sdk, you've got two options here:
a. remove the gnu java compiler from your system. With some distributions of linux, such as red hat, this can't be done without messing up other things. If
anyone's figured out how to safely remove this on red hat, please let me know.
B. Add the j2sdk bin directory to the beginning of your path, instead of the end. This will cause the utilities in the j2sdk to take precedence over gcj. Thus,
sun's jar will get executed instead of gcj's.
After you've done either one of these things, try recompiling the bridge and see what happens. This should fix it.

HTH