jhbuild problems

I'm running jhbuild and getting all kinds of configure script errors.
Below is an example:

*** configuring gnome-common *** [9/64]
./autogen.sh --prefix /opt/gnome-2.4
processing .
deletefiles is
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal-1.4 -I /opt/gnome-2.4/share/aclocal -I
/opt/gnome-2.4/share/aclo
cal ...
aclocal: configure.in: 15: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

**Error**: aclocal-1.4 failed. This may mean that you have not
installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
macros were not found

*** error during stage configure of gnome-common: could not configure
module ***

I set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS but not sure if I have the right versions of
automake, autoconf and libtool.

Any suggestions welcome.

Chris
--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (85% of Full)