X w/o a monitor--success?

Howdy,

OK! Now we're getting somewhere.

Seems I didn't have x-window-system-core installed (how I could get away with that I don't know)...but as well, I didn't have the base fonts either. No wonder. Now I do, and X doesn't bomb out, at any rate. Course, I still don't have anything talking yet, but this is progress... :)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,