Re: Proportionally-Spaced Fonts and Spatial Information

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 01:46, Peter Korn wrote:

> The GNOME Accessibility framework provides calls for getting the bounding
> rectangle of every character of text rendered to the screen in graphical
> elements that implement the AccessibleText interface.  ...

Apologies for the overlapping replies !

Thanks Peter for the reply and the additional explanatory material about
how the text bounds are used in practice.  The 'OK' button is indeed the
"classic" example of a place where we don't currently provide this
information on a per-glyph or per-character basis.

-Bill