Re: (no subject)

Hi Charles,

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 21:04, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:
> However -- no speech!!!

	That's sub-optimal ;-) there is a new gnome-speech in the works that
has been substantially updated I think; I don't know when it's hitting
CVS though - since it seems there is yet more API vacillation / polish
going on :-)

> When I run that command I get the following output:
>
> gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
>
> ** (process:1909): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 2 refs.
> ** (process:1909): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 8 refs to 6 ORB objects were leaked

	This is a debug artefact of not having a nice shutdown command in the
gconftool-2 - and having ORBit2 reference debugging turned on. It's
nothing to worry about; it just says GConf has leaked it's static cache
at exit - no problem.

> Also -- Is that gconftool-2 command only to be run once? Or must
> it be run each time before running startx?

	Just once - it sets a key in the per user config database to true. You
need to try and diagnose the lack of speech via the speech tests I
suspect.

	HTH,

		Michael.