Re: speech-test

Hi Cheryl,

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 23:41, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Actually, I do have speech when running speech-test. available parameters are
> voice and rate though it doesn't seem to me like the voice changes much; the
> rate does though.
> so ok, is there anything else I should logicallly try as a next step, now that i
> know speech works in the speech-test tool?

	OK - so I would run gnopernicus from the Linux console;

	Probably the best way to go about this is to:

	startx
	C-M-F1 [ takes you back to the console ]

	( you already did your bonobo-slay and export BONOBO_ACTIVATION_DEBUG=1
yes ? :-) [ I hope you're writing all this up for other people (!) ]:

	export DISPLAY=:0.0
	[now when you run X programs they'll start on the local display]
	xclock # check it works, kill that after a bit, it's not a11'd

	Then run:

	gnopernicus 2>&1 | tee /tmp/gnopi-log #on the console;

	It should spew messages - although typically, no error messaages, only
random verbiage ;-)

	hopefully at this stage you get a "Welcome to gnopernicus" message; if
not post the /tmp/gnopi-log here.

	HTH,

		Michael.