xinitrcs

Well, I tried the enlarged one that chuck sent and it said it was starting the
festival server, just as mine said, but didn't say one way or another about the
speech initialization. didn't get into reloading folders either so not sure it
got as far.
I have a /etc/x11/Xinitrc also and I have the impression this gets run before
the one in my home directory. It gets involved with /etc/X11/Xsession and I
wonder if there are any conflicts there. I do know it is being passed on to my
home .Xinitrc.

cheryl