Re: Removing gtkhtml2 view (fwd)

Hi Calum,

> Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:56:00 +0100
> From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
> To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Removing gtkhtml2 view
>
> Alex Larsson wrote:
>
> > John Sheehan wrote:
> >
> > > Even if the default action is to launch a web browser for html pages,
> > > there may be value in keeping the option of a gtkhtml2 view for
> > > accessibility requirements.  Is GtkHTML1 accessible ?
> >
> > Work is being done currently to add accesibility to GtkHTML1. Also, the
> > html browser you launch would presumably be accessible.
>
> Unfortunately there's no such thing as an accessible html browser for
> now, except those that are based on gtkhtml2.

I am working on accessibility support on gtkhtml1. So even those based
on gtkhtml1 will be accessible.

I will be really happy if a11y aware people could try gtkhtml1
accessibility (there is gtest in gtkhtml/src at least) because I don't
have any response yet. I think I am getting close to where gtkhtml2 is.

Cheers and I am looking forward to gtkhtml1 a11y comments
Radek