Re: panel focus indication

jacob berkman wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 12:55, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Hi Folks:
> >
> > [This message is in reply to the recent/current thread that led to the
> > removal of visual focus indication from the GNOME 2 panel.]
>
> how does changing the colors work when you use non-theme background
> (color, image) on a panel?
>
> i may have missed this before, but why can't the panel add it's own
> decorations when it's focused?  this is unobtrusive in the non-focused
> case, and also grabs enough attention when it has the focus?

I think the problem with that approach is mostly sizing/tiling:
if the panel adds decorations (around its outside borders) then it will
paint them outside the screen; if it keeps the same allocation and
steals the space from the inside elements that will be ugly and weird
also.  Compared to the current rash of bug reports that would *really*
make people scream.

-Bill