Re: Demo of GAA

Hi JP,

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 02:58, JP Schnapper-Casteras wrote:
>    I'm going to be at RESNA and would like to give demos of GAA
> (Gnopernicus, GOK, etc).  What CVS versions of the various
> components should I use?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

	Gnopernicus is so fragile, that unless you work out a demo yourself and
manage to calculate which set of buttons when pressed doesn't seg fault
it - you'll be stuffed.

	I personally use a demo using at-spi from 2002.04.16, ie. cvs -z3 upd
-Pd -D '2002.04.16', and I then do several sed jobs on it to make it
work on my system; I mostly do a search for OAFIID, and replace proto0.1
with 1.0  [NB zero point one with one point zero].

	Then:

	export MAGNIFIER=1 ; export FESTIVAL=1 ; \
	export GTK_MODULES='gail:atk-bridge' ; ./simple-at

	And you should get the hacked up demo sample stuff, that has the merit
of working - at least slightly.

	Newer versions of at-spi do speech differently, and bin the magnifier
(into gnome-mag).

	To demo the technology at-poke is worth using as well.

	HTH,

		Michael.