Re: Keynav in standard dialogs

Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:

> Eek... I just ran the File Selection and Font Selection demos in testgtk
> (built a couple of weeks back), and the keynav is disastrous.  They are
> both completely unusable with the keyboard alone.
>
> Is anybody planning to fix these prior to 2.0?  We can't seriously claim
> to have any sort of accessible desktop when you can't even open a file
> in most apps without using the mouse.

Hmm, with my GtkTreeView'ized versions they seem mostly OK. The font selector
seems perfectly fine, the file selector has a couple of problems:

 - No way to get out of entry box. (Nothing I can do about it eating Tab
   without breaking the way the widget works currently, but Shift/Control
   Tab should work.)

 - No way to select an item in the directory list (This is probably
   related to Padraig's current patch.)

Of course, the GtkFileSel is, and has been much more usable with
the keyboard than any other file selector I've used, and much more
usable with the keyboard than with the mouse .. you just have to
be aware of the <Tab> based completion, and understand things like
../<Tab> to back up a directory.

The widgets could also use some mnemonic addition.

Regards,
                                        Owen