Re: [Usability] Re: The state of keyboard navigation

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> 	Well I'm talking about keyboard navigation - which as I understand it
> is the order in which the widgets are traversed on user input. While in
> theory - yes I suppose people could be doing grotesque stuff that relies
> on a certain order, I don't believe this is at all common.

The worrisome breakage isn't that, it's relying on whether GTK will do
something with a particular modifier + key combo.

A lot of people had key_press_event handlers in 1.2 that would break
if you changed the keybindings. GTK 2 does make this less necessary
and also makes things more difficult to break.

I suppose if we have keybinding themes though, it becomes much more OK
to say that you can change bindings in stable, since it's likely that
busted key_press_handlers have been tested and detected.

Havoc