libgnomecanvas and Accessibility

I ran the libgnomecanvas demo program canvas-demo and had a look at the
accessibility information which is reported. I have a number of observations on
which I request comment.

1) No states are reported as being set for any canvas item by the function
atk_object_ref_state_set(). I assume that the state "visible" ought to be set if
an item is not hidden and that the state "showing" ought to be set for items
which are on the screen. Other states which are set for most widgets are
"enabled" and "sensitive". I assume that these ought to be set for a canvas
item.  I assume that canvas items which are not canvas groups should be
"focusable" and be "focused" when they are the focus item on the canvas.

2) We create specific accessible objects for a subset of canvas items, canvas
group, canvas text, canvas rich text, canvas widget.

This has the effect that an AtkNoopObject is created for other types of canvas
items. I think we should create an accessible object for other canvas items
instead of defaulting to AtkNoopObject.

3) When the canvas receives focus we should report the focus as being on the
focused item, assuming that it is accessible.

4) There is a z-order for canvas items in a canvas group. This suggests that the
AtkLayer for canvas items should be ATK_LAYER_MDI and that a canvas item should
implement atk_object_get_mdi_zorder which identifies where the item is in its
parent's group z-order.

5) The functions gnome_canvas_item_show() and gnome_item_canvas_hide() allow an
item on a canvas to be made visible or invisible. I do not think that we can get
a notification when this happens.

Padraig