Re: AM_DISABLE_STATIC in ATK

Owen,

My personal belief is that static libraries are evil and should be discouraged,
or, at least, belong to another age.

As Bill has pointed out, running autogen.sh with --enable-static will allow a
static library to be created.

Is this acceptable, or should all projects have the same default action with
respect to creating static libraries?

Padraig