Re: GailTreeView Changes Proposal

Peter:

One problem with this idea is that the various renderers may need to
store private data in order to properly map the cell back to the
appropriate cell in the backing store.  Therefore the cell gets cluttered
with information that is really private to the backing store.  In my
previous email Bill & I suggested creating an intermediate object that
keeps backing store specific information hidden from the cell.  Since
Renderers can be used by multiple widgets that all might have to keep
different private data around, keeping this information in the cell
might get ugly.

Perhaps I'm not reading your suggestion correctly?

Brian