Re: ATK ,GTK...

  So now this sounds like the AT has to go through a shared library which
accesses SPI, which accesses the ATK interface. This matches the
SPIBlockDiagram. What is the "shared library" part though?

I am wondering about the neccessity of all these layers though. To me it
seems the only important layers would be the translation of the widget
data to accessible data

Widget Set -> Accessiblity Interface -> AT

Where -> represents events and the Accessibility Interface translates
events as neccessary into an accessible format. At the highest level all
that is being done is translating a graphical interface into an accessible
interface. Why the need for more layers?