Re: Broken links

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> The problem seems to be that any item in tree.in whose suffix is not html has a
> / appended to the end of the name and this is what causes the problem.
>
> Bill,
>
> Do you know who we can contact about a workaround for this?

gnome-sysadmin gnome org is a good contact address for any sort of
problem with the gnome.org servers.

The problem seems to be in ~/devel/web-devel-2/scripts/makenode.pl

   if ($subdir =~ /.*html/) {
       return "$subdir";
   } else {
       return "$subdir/";
   }

That probably could be changed to:

 if (-d $subdir) {
    return "$subdir/";
 } else {
    return $subdir;
 }

Personally, I probably simply wouldn't go that deep in the tree
menu - it's getting pretty wide -  I'd just use an empty tree.in
file in that subdirectory.

Regards,
                                        Owen