Re: ATK_STATE_STALE questions

>Quick question:
>
>We have already decided that a cell should be set to ATK_STATE_STALE
>if its index value no longer points to its actual location within
>its parent.
>
>Is it safe to assume that the function atk_object_get_index_in_parent()
>will return an invalid value if the child's state value is
>ATK_STATE_STALE?  Or should it return -1 or something?
>
>Brian

Hmm, it's not obvious that atk_object_get_index_in_parent() should
'fail' in this case.  It would be useful if
atk_object_get_index_in_parent still worked, though it might be hard to
implement in some cases.

I don't think it's a must, but it's not clear that one would expect it
to fail.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279