Visibility of cells

In the implementation for atk_component_get_extents() for cells in a GtkTreeView
I attempt to set the cell's position to (-1, -1) if the cell is not visible.

Currently a cell is visible if any part of the cell is in the visible area.

I do not think that this definition is adequate as a cell would be regarded as
visible even if its origin is not.

Does anyone have strong views on what visibility of a cell should mean?

For example, should all of the cell be visible, or the origin?

Padraig