Re: Added five AccessibleRoles

> Hi All,
>
> I want to let you know that I added five AccessibleRoles that Oracle
> requested.  The additions to javax.accessibility.AccessibleRole are:
>
>     /**
>      * A STATUS_BAR is an simple component that can contain
>      * multiple labels of status information to the user.
>      */
>     public static final AccessibleRole STATUS_BAR
>          = new AccessibleRole("statusbar");

The ATK has a role ATK_ROLE_STATUSBAR; it is used in the implementation of
GailStatusbar, the accessible object for GtkStatusbar.

* ATK_ROLE_STATUSBAR: An object which reports messages of minor importance to
the user

>     /**
>      * A DATE_EDITOR is a component that allows users to edit
>      * java.util.Date and java.util.Time objects
>      */
>     public static final AccessibleRole DATE_EDITOR
>          = new AccessibleRole("dateeditor");

The ATK has a role ATK_ROLE_DATE_EDITOR. It is not currently used.

* ATK_ROLE_DATE_EDITOR: An object whose purpose is to allow a user to edit a
date

>     /**
>      * A SPIN_BOX is a simple spinner component and its main use
>      * is for simple numbers.
>      */
>     public static final AccessibleRole SPIN_BOX
>          = new AccessibleRole("spinbox");

The ATK has a role ATK_ROLE_SPIN_BUTTON. It is used in the implementation of
GailSpinButton. the accessible object for GtkSpinButton.

* ATK_ROLE_SPIN_BUTTON: An object used to get an integer or floating point numb
er from the user

>     /*
>      * A FONT_CHOOSER is a component that lets the user pick various
>      * attributes for fonts.
>      */
>     public static final AccessibleRole FONT_CHOOSER
>          = new AccessibleRole("fontchooser");

The ATK has a role ATK_ROLE_FONT_CHOOSER. It is not used currently used.

* ATK_ROLE_FONT_CHOOSER: A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a font

>     /**
>      * A GROUP_BOX is a simple container that contains a border
>      * around it and contains components inside it.
>      */
>     public static final AccessibleRole GROUP_BOX
>          = new AccessibleRole("groupbox");

The ATK does not have a corresponding role. How does this role differe from
AccessibleRole.PANEL?

Padraig