Re: AccessibleRelation

>Peter,
>
>In Java, if getAccessibleRelationSet() is called twice, are the
relationships
>calculated both times?
>
>It seems to me to be so from the code and would probably be necessary
in the
>case of the MEMBER_OF relationship for a button as there is no
guarantee that
>the members of the button group did not change in the interval between
the two
>calls.
>
>If the answer is yes, we will need to remove
>  AtkRelationSet *relation_set;
>from AtkObject.
>
>Padraig

In cases like this, where the cache might go stale due to context
changes, the other alternative is to listen for events that would change
the cached value and recalc then (or just remove the cache and recalc if
requested again).  In some cases the additional complexity is probably
worth the trouble in exchange for better performance in the "usual"
case.  It's not clear to me which side of the fence this one is on.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit