Re: [g-a-devel] functions there are not used in gnome-mag

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 20:41, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I find some function in the gnome-mag code that are never used. They are:
>
> In zoom-region.c
>
>     * _get_x_cursors
All the code in TEXT_XTST_CURSORS should be removed, as it is no longer
relevant.  This was an attempt to get the cursor information before the
XFIXES extension was available; it didn't really work anyway ;-)

>     * _smartbutbroken_coalesce_update_rects
I'm reluctant to get rid of this method, because it does represent an
important attempt to coalesce update rectangles.  It is only commented
out because it currently has bugs.

>     * zoom_region_clip_to_exposed_bounds
>     * zoom_region_clip_to_viewport
I guess these can be removed, we can restore these coordinate transforms
if they are needed later.

>     * zoom_region_clip_to_scaled_pixmap
I think we should keep this one.

>     * zoom_region_source_root
This one should be removed, it's part of the TEXT_XTST_CURSOR code.

>     * exit_report
This one should be removed, I agree.

> In magnifier.c
>
>     * mag_login_helper_class_init
>     * mag_login_helper_init
These two need to be kept because they are required by the BONOBO macros
for LoginHelper.  If you remove them, then the program will break :-)

Note that the magnifier implements the 'LoginHelper' interface, which is
how it tells certain kinds of programs such as screen savers that it
needs special services during user authentication.

>     * magnifier_expose_filter
This was used for a pre-DAMAGE method of telling the magnifier that a
region needed to be updated.  I think that it can safely be removed now.

> There is any reason to keep they in the code?
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos.

THanks

Bill