[g-a-devel] Gnome-Speech Server Query fails

I had written a small gnome-speech wrapper component
for my application about 4 months ago. I am again
getting an error related to this code:

if (!bonobo_init(NULL, NULL))
return false;

CORBA_Environment ev;
CORBA_exception_init (&ev);
Bonobo_ServerInfoList * servers =
bonobo_activation_query ("repo_ids.has
('IDL:GNOME/Speech/SynthesisDriver:0.3')", NULL, &ev);

if (BONOBO_EX(&ev))
{
printf ("Fetching Speech servers information failed.
Related Exception %s", bonobo_exception_get_text
(&ev));
return false;
}
else if (server == CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
{
printf ("Fetching Speech servers information failed.
No server");
return false;
}

Sometimes I dont get any server. If I kill all the
bonobo-activation-server processes and then launch my
application, then I am able to see the list of
servers.

Also, on setting BONOBO2_DEBUG=all and
BONOBO_ACTIVATION_DEBUG_OUTPUT=1, I see following
message meaning Bonobo Activation Context ac is NULL.

CRITICAL **: file bonobo-activation-activate.c: line
276 (bonobo_activation_query): assertion `ac != NULL'
failed
Fetching Speech servers information failed. No Server.

iid OAFIID:BrokenNoType:20000808 has a NULL type
invalid character '#' in iid
'OAFIID:This#!!%$iid%^$%_|~!OAFIID_ContainsBadChars'

On running test-speech, I get the following warning:
iid OAFIID:BrokenNoType:20000808 has a NULL type
invalid character '#' in iid
'OAFIID:This#!!%$iid%^$%_|~!OAFIID_ContainsBadChars'

But it lists the servers and there is no assert. What
could be wrong in my code/compilation?

On running following command on shell

bonobo-activation-run-query
"repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Speech/SynthesisDriver:0.3')"

I get the right result.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. On
running strace over test-speech and on my component, I
find that test-speech is able to create
bonobo-activation-server-ior and I am not able to
create it (when assertion is thrown).

Also, I am using gnome-speech-0.3.0 for include files,
as I can't build and distribute against all
gnome-speech-0.3.x versions.

Build Environment is gcc 3.2 compiler.
Machine is Red Hat 9.
glibc is :glibc-2.3.3-98.28