[g-a-devel] Re: [Kde-accessibility] PDF accessibility

I don't believe an XML conversion would help here. What is needed is a PDF viewer component/canvas that is able to report character positions as well as string content. Only the rendering component can know this for sure - converting the content defeats the purpose of knowing where the "regular/normal" output is rendered to the screen.

This is one of the key things that the at-spi interfaces provide, and AFAICS the requirement can't be satisfied without building it into the canvas.

thanks

Bill