[g-a-devel] Bug with festival-synthesis-driver

Hi

On my fedora core 4, if I make festival-synthesis-driver speak a large text document[1200 pages] for 3-4 hours, then the festival client mysteriously becomes defunct. The festival --server process is still running and the festival-synthesis-driver is also running.

The offending call from outside is GNOME_Speech_Speaker_Say when suddenly everything hangs, and festival client process becomes defunct. Machine's CPU usage shoots to 100% and stays there until I kill the festival processes.

I tried similar stuff with freeTTS-synthesis-driver that I have, and it worked perfectly (It has been speaking continuously for a whole night and has not hanged.).

As somebody who has black box gyan, I can help this much. If I am able to find why this happens with festival, I would surely put it on the list. BTW, is the behavior known/reported ? How do I know if it has been reported earlier?

Aditya Kumar Pandey