Re: [g-a-devel] GOK and a different way of show keyboard

Thanks for yours positive answers !

Let's start a long email. Once again and a last time :) forgive my english.

Once upon a time ... in a f*****g world. I think on pylisiere for at least
2 years, just like an idea in my head. All start with a book "wrote" by a
man with a lockin syndrom. I was surprised by the sytem used to
communicate. His wife have to count the number of wink. I started thinking
on a better system, i work on computer so i thinking to a program and
thinking and thinking. My uncle had an accident and survive but disabled.
I thought "now wrote it, stop thinking". I start it last year, some hours
of code time to time ... Pylisiere is just a proof of concept but i think
it can work. Now, with what i saw and what i thinking understand on the
need of disabled people, i think that the best way for my ideas, is the
integration of my "work" like a way of input in gok.

Now, pylisiere ...
I use python cause i discover python 3 years ago and i said "Whouah !!!
Bye bye C ! Hello python !". I'm lucky and at work they said "If you want
..." So i use python only for 2 years.

My main goal is to gain time to permit a dialog with more than 8 words per
minute if you have only a binary signal to communicate. The main idea is
to group letters to gain time. And let the computer find what's happens.

The choice in group of letters is free cause i didn't find "the better way".
[abcdefgh][ijklmnopqr] or [abc][def][ghi][jkl][mno] or [et][ianm][svrw] or
etc. I think that the best is to purpose the choice to user.

A big work was the dictionnary. I use SQLite and 2 free dictionnary. 1 big
but without frequency of use, 1 smaller but with a lot of statistics per
word from a big mix of free text. I mix them. I wrote a client to use
google to grab some statistics and some people help me to do it. I think
that i have now the biggest free french dictionnary with more than 350000
words :)

"The" trick about the dict that i use :
SQL : create table dict(word primary key,combo,freq,nou,score);
word : the word
combo : translation of the word with the actual map of group of letters
freq : frequency of use from langage statistic
nou : number of use in the application
score : freq + nou * k (k is a user choice)

combo is the "translation" of the word with the map chosen.
Example :
map = [abc][def][ghi]
combo of "cei" is "123"
combo of "eehhh" is "22333"
In the interface, the user choose the first group of letter and 3 times
the second, the combo is 1222. It's a lot faster to search the words wich
match 1222 in their combo than search all the word wich can match with
fisrt letter in this first group of letters and second, third and fourth
letters in the second group of letters.
A bad point, you need to compute combo for each word each time you change
the map of the group of letter (normally, not every ten minutes ...).

You can choose the type of search. By default, i use under 3 letters a
combo='123', over 3 letters combo like '123%'. You can also choose LIMIT.

One of my idea to accelerate more, is to have a way to define new word
unuse like shorcut.
Example : the combo 33333 is unuse, you can bind 33333 to "I'm hungry !"

I have a lot of ideas ... I have to wrote it, it will be more easy to
share them.

I hope that you have a better view on pylisiere, if you have any questions

Do you think that it's easy to change the part under "compose" in gok ?
Is it possible to adapt my databases ?
Is it a "big" adaptation ?

I will look in the source code but i'm not very happy to leave python :)
I can make xml or other but come back to C ... I don't know ...

Thanks !

--
Freedom - Share - Respect