[g-a-devel] atk compilation error

Dear all,

While trying to compile (./configure) atk-1.9.0 I get the following error:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.5.7... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.5.7 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/. If GLIB is installed
*** but not in the same location as pkg-config add the location of the file
*** glib-2.0.pc to the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

I have installed GLIB (2.6.0) just some moments before I was trying to
compile atk. It is installed in ~/glibbin/. I haven't run ldconfig
because I do not have root access. I tried setting different values
for LD_LIBRARY but it did not work. My PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to
~/glibbin/lib/pkgconfig exactly where the glib-2.0.pc file is.

Initially I was getting an error about glib-2.0.pc while trying to
install gtk+, after installing glib, the error disappeared, but then
while recompiling (./configure) gtk+ I understood that atk was
required, I am trying compiling atk but I get the error above. Can
anybody tell where I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any help.

Have a good day
Mentar

--
Mentar