Re: [g-a-devel] Extensible states (or properties)

Sorry all, I made a typo here that may appear to reverse my meaning. I wrote "not" where I meant "now", as in "we are NOW considering", as opposed to "we are NOT considering". I attach the corrected text.

Bill Haneman wrote:

I have to disagree with you about AccessibleDescription here; it's at odds with the way we are using AccessibleDescription elsewhere on the desktop. We aren't using accessible-description as a catch-all for annotations, but rather for a more verbose or descriptive rendition of the object's "identity". Thus accessible-description for an email "cell" (remember that we're looking at a table here...) might be the _whole_ message subject line, etc. whereas the onscreen rendition via the Text interface may be truncated. I submit that in the case we are now considering, this would be a better use of the 'description' attribute. ...