Re: [g-a-devel]new event type

Hi Bernard:

You wrote, in part:

> A new "action-perfomed" event (dual of  AccessibleAction_doAction)
> could tell when a widget has been used, an *which* widget.

In general user actions, unless they are ignored by the currently
focussed application entirely, will result in a state change to an
application widget.  I think perhaps you can get what you are looking
for from existing state change events, or perhaps we are failing to emit
them in relevant cases.  If there are situations where we don't feel it
is appropriate to emit some kind of state change event within the
existing API, perhaps we should add some new states?

If you gave a number of specific examples perhaps we could suggest the
events which you might be listening for.  I am reluctant to encourage
any hacking until we all understand the specific problems to be solved
more thoroughly :-)

best regards,

- Bill