Re: [g-a-devel]AccessibleTextSelectionChangedEvent_getSelectionString

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 14:16, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> The text-selection signal in ATK does not provide any information other than
> that a text selection change has occurred.

Oops.

> On looking further I do not see an object which allows more than one text
> selection.

However the API allows it explicitly.

It's not clear what we should do for the multiselect case, but perhaps
just concatanating the strings would be sufficient for the purposes of
this API.

Again we should probably limit the length of the string, overall.

The other possibility would be to report only the "delta" of the
selection, in the manner of text-changed.  That might be more
implementable for the general case.

-Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>