[g-a-devel]Re: atk-1.2.4 some changes for Cygwin, similar as in glib or pango

Hallo Michael,

Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2003 um 11:45 schriebst du:

> Hi Gerrit,

> On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 07:45, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> +if PLATFORM_WIN32
>> +no_undefined = -no-undefined

>         We should use -no-undefined unconditionally across the platform - this
> is what we do elsewhere for cygwin.

It would be great if this flag would be used all over the place, IIRC
it is no problem on Linuxes too, though you can also build shared
libraries with undefined symbols there (but is this a good idea?).

>> +install-libtool-import-lib:
>> +       $(INSTALL) .libs/libatk-$(ATK_API_VERSION).dll.a $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)
>> +uninstall-libtool-import-lib:
>> +       -rm $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libatk-$(ATK_API_VERSION).dll.a

>         But I guess if we have to have all this evil crud in the Makefile.am
> then some more garbage in configure.in won't hurt I guess.

>         The real question is; why is all this grotesqueness in the Makefile.am
> anyway ? isn't this precisely the sort of problem that autotools is
> intended to solve for us ?

Yes.  The only difference to 'normal' Makefile.am in a libtool driven
build is the -no-undefined flag for libtool to get a shared library.
Usually I add this, run 'autoreconf --copy --force' and thats it
(well, it requires libtool-1.5).

All the fuzz in the Makefile.am is for native Windows builds (Gimp on
Windows needs gtk+ et.al.), I even remove all the garbage for Windows
builds and add just the -no-undefined flag to libtools flags.

--
=^..^=