Re: [g-a-devel]Question about reading text "blobs"

Hey Malcolm,

Sounds like a cool app.  If you need early testers... :)

Yes, I think if you allowed the cursor to move, but marked it as
uneditable, that'd work for now.  Eventually, I think Gnopernicus should
have a way to read the text contained in a text widget even if it's
uneditable and doesn't have a cursor.  It's not a question of the text
being unavailable to Gnoeprnicus, it's a matter of figuring out the UI
to let the user read the text using Gnopernicus.

But, just allowin the text widget to get focus and allowing a cursor
to be moved around it would be finee.  And, if you didn't want this
behavior by default, you could even make this behavior dependent on the
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility gconf key.  So if that key isn't
set, you don't display the cursor, and maybe don't allow the text widgets
to gain focus.

Marc