Re: [g-a-devel]AccessibleRelations

Thanks Padraig, Bill,

I had forgotten that GTK_MODULES variable! I was testing with gedit etc. Okay I using at-poke I am seeing a LABEL_FOR relation. I was hoping to see a LABELED_BY for the text box but don't see it on the at-poke dialog. I shall have to invesitgate further (get a recent GAIL build etc.)

I'll let you know how it goes - I am distracted today but want to get this working and in cvs as the modification to gok-spy will help with other work.

cheers,

David

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

Try the gtk-demo appliction, and use the Dialog and message Boxes option.

Note that as gtk-demo is a pure GTK programs ratehr than a GNOME program you must set the environment variable GTK_MODULES to "gail:atk-bridge" for it to be accessible.

Padraig

David:

There's been a substantial amount of testing of AccessibleRelation.  I
believe that it's fairly commonly implemented across the GNOME 2
desktop.  I don't have the examples to hand but I do believe it's not
uncommon.

You can use at-poke to check for the presence of this API.  Note however
that until recently there were difficulties with reciprocity (we could
fairly easily automatically provide LABEL_FOR but LABELLED_BY wasn't
alwayws reciprocally exposed).  However I believe this has recently been
fixed/worked around in GAIL, so a recent build may expose LABELLED_BY
more frequently.

regards,

Bill