Re: [g-a-devel]Gnome-speech and the callbacks

Hi Draghi,

	Just noticed this thread;

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 15:21, Draghi Puterity wrote:
> Well, for some reasons it doesn't work for me, GS events are not comming and
> calling bonobo_main is not an option because it is blocking.. Could you
> please try this in one of the AT-SPI demo programs and send me some working
> code? It would help me a lot.

	The first step is to ensure that you have build ORBit2 with
--enable-debug, and exported ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces, and ensured that there
is in fact valid traffic flying around from A to B.

	The 2nd is to check that you are not getting exceptions fired on
registration.

	The 3rd is to check that you are registering the CORBA interface of an
associated bonobo object; ie.

	GNOME_Speech_register (registry, BONOBO_OBJREF (impl_obj), ev);

	instead of passing 'impl_obj' itself - which would cause acute problems
;-)

> If this is not the way it is done with bonobo, I will do what I need on
> my side.

	Don't. Please stop and think before adding yet another redundant (and
broken) level of abstraction to gnopernicus. Why do you need to
associate more data with the client ?

	Why can you not simply tie that data to the BonoboObject that
implements the listener and emit a GObject signal on that ? what do you
hope to add by adding another layer of wrapping ? in fact it seems to me
that you need to substantially bin the existing speech API / abstraction
in favour of a cleaner one - could this be it ? :-)

	I'd be interested in your design document / thoughts if you're knocking
one up - it'd be great to have this really clean / polished in
gnopernicus.