Re: [g-a-devel]Re: Proposed implementation agnostic GNOME Speech API.

Hi Olaf,

> > If/when an alternate implementation using something like D-BUS was
> > done, then these would need to be rewritten. They are CORBA specific at
> > the moment.
>
> OK, so we can't use them for kttsd.
>
> Would it be possible (and make sense for gnome-speech) to share a common
> speech driver format with kttsd, independent of whether CORBA or D-BUS is
> used?
>
> Or would it be possible to define a new driver API that could be easily
> (and lightly) bridged the current gnome-speech driver API? If this is
> possible, then I would be interested in using such an API if it meets our
> requirements for kttsd.

This is where I'd like to see the speech API heading. Again, making the
back-end drivers implementation agnostic would be a great start.

If this is to happen there needs to be buy in from others involved in the
GNOME Speech work. Marc, do you want to chime in here?