Re: [g-a-devel]Re: Proposed implementation agnostic GNOME Speech API.

Hi Olaf,

> If you decide to use an implementation independent protocol for
> gnome-speech, then I am definately interested poting kttsd to a very
> similar DCOP-based API now to make future briging as easy as possible.
>
> Another idea would be to share the speech drivers - to they currently rely
> on GTK+?

No. See files under:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gnome-speech/driver

If/when an alternate implementation using something like D-BUS was done,
then these would need to be rewritten. They are CORBA specific at the
moment.