Re: [g-a-devel]OCR

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 10:44, Dan Wilken wrote:
> Scan text-OCR-TTS. Does this solution exist somewhere? Is anyone working on
> some sort of organization of this tool for the blind?

Besides gocr and free OCR technologies, the kind of integrated system
for the blind does exist in the form of several commercial products.  I
am not sure if any of them have Linux ports however.

I agree with Marc that we probably have many of the ingredients required
to put this together, and it would be very good to have a free
alternative.

-Bill