Re: [g-a-devel]Patch for bug 91993 in at-poke

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 18:43, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 12:27, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
> > I'm seeing this behaviour, and it annoys me too (:. I don't know about
> > the rationale of selecting the first item when the treeview gets focus
> > (maybe keynav related -- not sure). IIRC the plan to fix this is using
> > TreeView modes, once the TreeView modes API is ready.
>
> 	Thing is - once enough code is written that depends on the bug - it
> becomes a feature - are we at the point where this sort of feature is
> impossible to irradicate cleanly ?

I don't know if we can remove this "feature" now, there indeed can be
some code using this feature out there. But I think this is where the
TreeView mode API comes in handy, the "default" mode would still have
this feature (so won't break current apps), and some other mode not.
Though adding a new mode for each little feature might be way too
bloated ... and there might be a lot of inconsistent TreeViews in the
future ....

Jonathan, what's your opinion on this?

	Kris