Re: [g-a-devel]Patch for at-poke

Hi Padraig,

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 13:58, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> The attached is a patch for at-poke to address bug 97624.
>
> OK to commit?

	Looks great; go for it.

	Of course - I hope we know now that the API should have been:

	sequence<Accessible> getVisibleChildren ();

	and we shouldn't have tried to design something that would return
object references to potentially billions of invisible objects. [ this
is a total waste of time / travesty of design ].

	The current round-tripping approach, is (as I hope is plain now) really
bad news for race conditions, performance - and all this just to give
the 1 (non) feature of being able to access objects you're not actually
interested in.[1]

	;-)

		Michael.

[1] - which amusingly have to be culled in real at's by yet more
round-trips I guess.