Re: [g-a-devel]gnome-cd : theme compliance

> It certainly doesn't sound ideal, especially as the display area uses a
> pretty small font from what I've seen of it,

The font changes with the rest of GTK.

> and on top of that, both
> themes offer rather low contrast between the text and the background.

Colour setting is one thing that I wanted to add to the theme.
Both themes suck because (and I pointed this out more than once) I can't
draw for toffee.

> The best option, if possible, might be to write an additional theme for
> gnome-cd that just used whatever the user's current gtk theme settings
> were, and make that the default theme.  I'm guessing that might not be
> an option, though, as I don't know how sophisticated gnome-cd's theming
> mechanism is-- I've cc'ed Iain Holmes (the maintainer), so hopefully he
> can shed some light on how feasible that would be.

Just change the png files.

> The only other option I can think of is to effectively remove the
> theming option from gnome-cd, and just have it use standard, boring old
> gtk widgets throughout.  But I can't see that being a popular move, so
> it's probably a bit of a last resort that Sun would have to maintain
> separately, which we really don't want to do.

You don't want to do that...it looks ugly :)
Making an accessibility theme is fine.

iain
--
"And while we were sleeping they even took our neighbourhoods away, and
everything turned into Disneyland and marionettes and chipboard and